Marketing & Communications/Graphic Design Intern- Fall 2020
- Opportunity Profile:
Bristol Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. The Bristol Myers Squibb site is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At Bristol Myers Squibb we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations. We are looking for a Marketing/Communications intern with the following capabilities:
- College student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, preferably with a major in one of the functional areas: communications, marketing, public relations or related discipline. Graphic design is a plus.
Intern must have professional writing, project management, marketing/advertising and public/media relations experience. He/she should also have experience:
- developing targeted, compelling and effective communications messages
- managing projects, deadlines and priorities
- planning, coordinating and executing events
- building relationships with internal and external constituents/stakeholders
- Candidate must be a creative thinker with great attention to detail. He/she needs a broad and thorough knowledge of the marketing and communication functions and must have the ability to manage complex and multifaceted projects that involve various levels of stakeholders. He/she must have the expertise to create using a variety of different mediums and for diverse audiences and have experience specifically with social media and writing for the web. The individual must be highly proficient in all standard computer applications, including Microsoft and Adobe applications.
- The individual must be a team player with excellent writing, superior grammar, organizational, and planning skills. He/She must have strong communication skills with the ability to maintain excellent internal/external relationships. He/she must be able to understand and translate needs into creative and impactful communications.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment. He/she must be poised with strong customer-service skills and be able to work independently under general supervision. Must be flexible, upbeat, energetic self-starter who enjoys collaboration with a wide variety of constituencies.
This is a PAID internship averaging 20 hours per week at our Tampa facility, based on your availability.
For more information on Bristol Myers Squibb in Tampa visit tampa.bms.com.