Quality Control Lab Execution Systems Intern
- Opportunity Profile:
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we are a team dedicated to discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our commitment is to foster a globally diverse and inclusive workforce with a high-performing culture that is agile, entrepreneurial and accountable. This enables our business strategy while encouraging excellence, growth, achievement, innovation and a balance between our personal and professional lives.
By combining the reach and resources of a global pharmaceutical company with the can-do spirit and agility of a biotechnology company, we are becoming a leader for the future – a next-generation BioPharma leader.
Division: Biologics Global Manufacturing and Supply (GPS)- Syracuse, New York
Quality Control Technical Service (QCTS)- Laboratory Execution Systems (LES)
- Must be enrolled in school the semester of and/or during the assignment, as well as the semester following the assignment, with a 3.0+ GPA
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) from June 1, 2020 - mid August 2020
- Qualified candidates will have completed sophomore, junior, senior or graduate level coursework towards a degree in a scientific discipline, e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, with
Statistical, Computer Programming/System Analysis and/or Project Management Experience.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, technical writing, and project management skills, strong attention to detail.
- Work Environment: This position is office-based, indoors and will be working primarily with others, but also independently times. May require walking from building to building to attend meetings.
- Physical Demands: Office based work requires sitting and frequent use of computers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest and experience in a computer programming and system analysis.
- Experience with accessing, collecting, analyzing, and integrating information by leveraging applicable systems including Laboratory Software applications (LIMS/LES), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Share Point.
- Previous work experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or a related industry.
- Ability to present ideas, issues and observations into a clear and useful format, and balance project(s) in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Implement Quality Control Technical Service (QCTS) process improvements surrounding data gathering and customer support
- Work with Quality Control Operations and QCTS teams to define project scope and determine system for collecting, consolidating and/or reporting data.
- Work with QCTS and Information Technology (IT) team to build and implement a sustainable process for consolidating and/or reporting data leveraging SharePoint/Power App of similar applications
- Development of business process tools/guides to aid in LES and other QCTS process.
- Assist with identifying additional opportunities to implement electronic process as part of paperless initiatives.
Interns will present the results from their specific assignments at the conclusion of the internship via a poster presentation to colleagues and a departmental presentation
Key Deliverables will include:
Implement PowerApps, SharePoint or similar application to provide metrics and system based information to customers.Key Learnings:
- Creation electronic-based Ad hoc request form (LES) with How-To/FAQ integration (self serve application)
- Identification with opportunity to implement electronic process to replace paper processes.
- Gain better understanding of quality control laboratory and technical service business operations.
- Increased knowledge continuous Improvement/Metrics.
- Applications of Lean methodologies, statistical analysis and process optimization.
- Problem solving and presentation of results
- Familiarization of GMP documentation processes