Supply Chain Co-Op
- Opportunity Profile:
- Project Description:
The BMS Devens campus is a modern biologics manufacturing facility, designed to operate using automated equipment to perform processing operations in order to deliver biologic medicines to our patients. We are constantly striving to better understand our current process performance and our future process fit capabilities. As a result of this growth, we are continually trying to find ways to optimize our warehouse utilization to support the growing facility without a major warehouse building expansion project. The next phase of this process will be to evaluate the current storage locations in the ambient warehouse to develop and implement capacity improvements as well as a solution for storage of corrosive and flammable materials.This project will involve mechanical solutions and potential capital improvements along with identifying systematic opportunities in the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system and will position this important infrastructure element to support the future warehousing needs of the Devens Biologics campus.Year of Individual(s) Requested: Sophomore, Junior, SeniorMajor(s): Industrial Engineering, Supply ChainLocation of Assignment(s): Devens, MADuration of Assignment(s): January 2020 to June 2020 (Co-Op)Required skills:
The Supply Chain Co-op based in the Devens, MA biologics campus will be responsible for development and action planning/execution of a warehouse optimization project which will explore the capabilities and opportunities of a material storage and supply operation in a dynamic manufacturing environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop mechanical, systematic, and business process solutions to optimize our warehousing infrastructure utilizing a variety of engineering and operational excellence techniques.
- Established critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to learn new concepts and apply them quickly.
- Good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills.
- Skilled at organizing information into a clear, concise written form.
- Ability to work well with others and translate technical information into written documents.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.