Quality Engineering Intern
- Opportunity Profile:
- Company:At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we are a team dedicated to discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our commitment is to foster a globally diverse and inclusive workforce with a high-performing culture that is agile, entrepreneurial and accountable. This enables our business strategy while encouraging excellence, growth, achievement, innovation and a balance between our personal and professional lives.By combining the reach and resources of a global pharmaceutical company with the can-do spirit and agility of a biotechnology company, we are becoming a leader for the future – a next-generation BioPharma leader.Division: Biologics Global Manufacturing and Supply (GPS) - Syracuse, New YorkSyracuse Quality Assurance - Quality EngineeringRequirements:
Must be enrolled in school the semester of and/or during the assignment, as well as the semester following the assignment, with a 3.0+ GPA
Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) from June 1, 2019 - mid August 2019
Qualified candidates will have completed junior-level coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a master’s or MBA degree program.Desired backgrounds / degrees include: Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
Demonstrated problem solving ability, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
Technical writing ability required, as well as expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.MS Visio experience preferred.
Previous work experience in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, or a related industry preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and project management skills
The ability to work both independently and on a team
Demonstrated ability to present ideas and deliverables into clear and useful formats
Capability to collect, analyze and present information
Technical expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
2. Evaluate current trends for potential improvements to OOS investigation processesKey Deliverables at Project Completion:
Develop a trending system for laboratory investigations of non-conforming results:
- Develop a database for real-time trending of completed laboratory investigations
- Establish a monitoring program to include real-time response activities
- Active database for real-time trending of OOS investigations
- OOS investigation monitoring program guidelines
- Suggested improvements for OOS investigation (business) processes
- Interns are expected to present the results from their specific assignments at the conclusion of the internship.
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory Testing and Specification Guidelines
- OOS investigation concepts and application
- Biologics manufacturing concepts
- GMP compliance
- Project management