Materials Science & Engineering Co-Op

  • Opportunity Profile:
    • Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our medicines are helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis. Through our R&D organization, we have built a sustainable pipeline of potential therapies and partner with external innovation to broaden and accelerate our work.
       

      Location: New Brunswick, NJ
       

      Position Description: The co-op position is in the Materials Science & Engineering group, which is part of Drug Product Science and Technology department in New Brunswick, NJ. The group is a diversified mix of scientists (engineers, chemists, physicists, and pharmaceutical scientists). We characterize and analyze solid forms (i.e. polymorphs, salts, amorphous solid dispersions) for the purpose of selecting a final form to deliver to patients, and to evaluate form and form changes in API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) and drug product manufacturing processes. The position has the primary responsibility of performing API crystallizations, pharmaceutical solid-state physical characterization, and thermodynamic studies to evaluate the relative stability of solid forms. In addition, the position will provide the opportunity to obtain basic skills in the operation of solid state characterization instrumentation (PXRD, DSC, TGA and vibrational spectroscopy, SEM, and optical microscopy) and offer the opportunity to interface with other groups within our company including the drug product formulators and process chemists. The primary responsibility of characterizing and crystallizing solid forms will take up about 75% of the co-op student's time. The other 25% will be working with specific scientists on a particular project of interest.

Submit